Enjoy physical, emotional and spiritual healing in the comfort of your space.
Treatments are now available @ DEEP YOGA RETREAT Port Douglas.
Please note, not all holiday accomodations are suitable for Temple style KaHuna as it requires quite a bit of space.
Garden / Outdoor setup is available.
KaHuna Massage is a holistic natural therapy based on the teachings and practices of the Hawaiian Kahunas, which aim to heal the body, mind, and spirit. The Kahuna, uses his or her hands, elbows and forearms in giving the massage. Music is played then the kahuna may dance around the table using hula style movements to create a harmony with the client.
RATES are for treatments @ DEEP YOGA RETREAT
or WITHIN 25 KM of Port Douglas CBD
KaHuna Massage at your place: 60 min $140 / 90 min $180
Extra Session at same location: 60 min $70/ 90 min $100
Aloha Wellbeing and healing session: 3 Hours $ 350
For treatments more than 25 KM of Port Douglas CBD, please ring 0448297333
WHO CAN RECEIVE KAHUNA TREATMENTS?
Everyone, regardless of body shape, age or state of health can receive KaHuna massage!
Whether you are feeling down, out of motivation or in pain, KaHuna massage is an excellent treatment. If you are suffering stress, depression, exhaustion, physical discomfort or even confusion, grief or loss you can benefit from KaHuna massage.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF KAHUNA?
Hawaiian massage focus is to treat the body and mind as a whole, as opposed to being two separate parts. It improves the functions of the major organ systems, supports the body’s detoxification process, and it also brings about a sense of peace, harmony and wellbeing.
The long massage strokes stimulate the natural energy flow within the body to bring about the important changes in the physical, emotional and spiritual areas. The massage can also treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- High blood pressure
- Postural problems
- Poor circulation and low immunity
- Muscle tension
- Joint restriction
- Headaches and migraines
- Slow metabolism
- Anxiety and depression
- Grief or loss
HOW DOES KAHUNA FEEL?
Some people describe the massage as the closest of being massaged by the ocean.
There are two important aspects of KaHuna massage that set it apart from other types of massage therapy:
- It is very rhythmic and vigorous. The practitioner uses their hands, elbows, fingers and even their forearms as they rhythmically move around the table. The people who have experienced KaHuna before often said that the rhythmic motions alone already have a deeply relaxing effect that is different from the muscle relaxation coming from conventional massages.
- In KaHuna massage, the practitioner’s intention and focus is of paramount importance. They are trained to be focused totally on their client with an attitude of compassion and love, which is the essence of the “aloha” spirit that is sacred to the Hawaiian people.
When it comes to clothing preference, wear as little as possible since KaHuna is a well oiled , whole-body massage, with the strokes running from the client’s feet all the way to their shoulders.
A towel and sarong will be provided to cover parts of the body that don’t need to be massaged.
KaHuna Spirit Bodywork is a sensual and intimate massage but is STRICTLY NON SEXUAL
WHY “TEMPLE STYLE” MASSAGE?
Because it was traditionally practised during rites of passage ceremonies in the royal temples, KaHuna massage is worth receiving when you’re going through a life transition. It is unlike any other bodywork as it goes beyond improving physical health. Besides alignment and relaxation, a practitioner of this bodywork can guide their client to developing mental clarity, self-awareness, happiness and love by employing the seven principles of the Hawaiian philosophy:
- IKE – The world is what you think it is.
- KALA – There are no limits to what you can do. Limitations only exist in one’s mind.
- MAKIA – Your life is where you put your focus on.
- MANAWA – You are not defined by your past or future. The present gives you the power to act on the changes that you want to make in your life.
- ALOHA – Love is happiness
- MANA – The power to do what you decide to do lies in you, not outside of you.
- PONO – Any plan, when put into action, will reap positive results.