This tutorial provides Step By Step instructions for How to Create A KaHuna Australia Bodyworker Listing.
The video tutorial covers the following:
- Reviewing the structure of a Bodyworker listing
- Registering a new user profile
- Create a listing and populate all the fields first
- Finish with populating the main body content.
It is always a good idea to draft your main section content (Step 4) somewhere where a loss of internet connectivity or power won't cause you to lose your work i.e. in Google Docs.
Please add any questions and feedback in the Comments section at the bottom of this article and updates will be made accordingly.
The video above covers all the steps to create a bodyworker listing.
Video Time Stamps:
- 00:00 - Review of Bodyworker Listing examples.
- 06:10 - Register a New Profile
- 07:20 - Update User Profile And Bio for Author Box
- 08:33 - Profile Picture for Author Box
- 09:36 - Create New Listing
- 15:30 - Adding Blocks to Main Listing Content
- 16:20 - Paragraph and Headings
- 18:10 - List
- 20:00 - Separator and Spacer
- 22:57 - Gallery of Images
- 26:18 - Single Image
- 27:30 - Reviews
- 29:05 - Cover/Banner Image with Text Overlay
- 30:47 - File Download
- 31:43 - Audio Player
- 32:30 - Button Links
- 35:05 - Video Player
- 37:00 - Settings in right panel
- 37:25 - Permalink - Last part of listing URL
- 38:17 - Categories
- 39:05 - Featured Image
- 41:00 - Publish Listing
- 45:00 - Log Out and In, Edit Listing
Extra Tips For Your Bodyworker Listing Content
Main Body Content Ideas
Video (YouTube, Vimeo)
Ask a powerful question that will capture the attention of your ideal client i.e. Hit a dead-end and know the only way forward is to completely change your path? Seeking support through that transformational period?]
Welcome to [Your Business Name]
Content Idea: Try to answer the following as concise as possible:
- Why you do what you do?
- How do you do it?
- What do you do?
What problem are you especially good at solving?
If you can articulate your customer's problem better then they can, they'll automatically assume you have the solution. Explain their pain point, agitate it and then move to the general solution and then your solution.
People buy you, not your product. Put another way, people don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
Why Experience A KaHuna Massage?
How Can I/We Help?
Where Can You Find Me/Us?
Infra-red Sauna, Showers, Visitor Parking, Hot Towel Finish, Waiting Area etc
How To Book A Session?
Cancellation, Booking Change & Refund Policy
Private Health Rebates
3, 6, or 9 small images
2, 4, 6 large images
While you can include Social media button links I don't actually recommend this because the goal of your listing should be to get the visitor to book a session. Social media links tend to lead to distraction instead.
Include reviewer's name, date, testimonial, short snippet to bold at the beginning to capture attention (it might be the only part they read).
Writing And Image Tips
Starting with a question that captures the visitor's attention can be powerful. Press the common pain points your clients are experiencing so they feel you are speaking right to them. Alternatively start with a quote that captures your essence.
Use headings to break up a wall of text so that readers can quickly scan and find the information they need. It looks better and headings also improve your Google page ranking. Check out Jacque Smith's listing as a great example:
Write in the 1st person to create a welcoming and relaxed conversational tone.
Use simple language that any age can immediately understand. Unless your ideal clients are Shamans, most people aren't going to understand and resonate with deep spiritual concepts and language. Write for your audience's level, not your level.
If you don't have a website you can still buy a domain and have the registrar forward all traffic to your listing.
Images - Large images create slow page load speeds. Before uploading a photo, resize it so that the height or width (whichever is the larger) is a maximum of 1200 pixels and save it in JPG format.
Feature Image - This is the image that is displayed above your Listing Title in the Search Results. If you do not include one, a default image will be displayed instead. Make sure the main subject of the image (you or your logo) is in the centre horizontally and vertically because depending on the screen size used by the visitor, the image could be displayed with dimensions anywhere from:
- 3:2 ratio - a bit wider than the height
- 7:2 ratio - very wide and low height
Image Alternate Text - For each image you add to your listing, look for a text field or text box that is titled "Alternate Text". In this area either type what the image is about.
Instructions With Screen Shots
This section contains an explicit write up for Steps 2 & 3 of the process above. It covers creating a profile and populating the fields of the bodywork listing.
Create And Edit Your User Profile
- 2Go ahead and login if you already have an account. If not, click the Sign up link at the bottom of the login form, fill in the details and click Sign Up.
- 3Upon successful login you will arrive at the Edit Profile page. Please update your User Profile details. Let us know your real name in case we need to contact you but feel free to enter a preferred name and then select the name you want to display publicly on blog posts. If changing your Preferred Name you will need to click the Update Profile button before that option will become available in the Display name publicly as drop down menu.
- 4In the About Yourself section, type up to 240 characters in the Biographical Info field. This content will appear at the bottom of your listing and all your blog posts.
- 5Click Update button to save changes.
- 6In the Profile Picture section, click Choose file and upload a portrait photo of yourself to appear at the bottom of your listings and blog posts. Works best if it is a square and your face is in the centre.
- 7Click Update Profile button to save changes.
Create Your Bodyworker Listing
You can save changes at any time by clicking Save draft in the top right of the Editor window.
- 1Near the top of the Edit Profile page, click the Create New button. This will open a WordPress Editor screen.
- 2Enter your business name where it says Add title
We will skip the main page content for now and come back to it later.
- 3Enter your business name again in the Business Name field.
- 4Click this link to open Google Maps, type your business address in the top left search field and select the correct suggestion in the drop down list.
- 5Click the Share button
- 6Click COPY LINK and the link will be copied to your clipboard.
- 7Now paste it (Ctrl + V) into the Google Map URL field.
- 8The next 6 fields are used for displaying your business address which links to the Google Map URL above. These fields are also searchable so that bodyworker listings can be searched by location. Pay attention to the instructions above each field.
- 9Enter your business phone number into the Phone field. Enter the national dialing number as this will be assigned to the Call Now button.
- 10Type your business email address into the Email field. This is a required field.
- 11Does your business have an Online Booking System (such as Calendly.com) where visitors can book themselves into your appointment calendar? If yes, copy and paste that webpage link into the Online Booking URL field.
- 12Leave the Listing Summary and Listing URL fields blank for now and we'll come back to them later.
- 13Save your changes by clicking Save draft in the top right of the Editor window.
- 14You click Preview, select a screen size and then Preview in new tab to see how your listing looks and test out the buttons and links.
Add Your Main Bodyworker Listing Content
As with building a website, the business information you decide to share with the world is entirely up to you. How you share different types of information is by adding blocks of content. Now i refer you to watch from 15mins 30secs of the below video to learn how to add different types (blocks) of content to your listing and configure them.
Publish Your Listing For Review
- 1When ready to publish your listing so that it can be pubicly viewed in the directory, click Publish first and then click Submit for Review. At this point I will be notified to review and approve your listing. This is a necessary step to eliminate spam listings.
How did you go?
If you find any errors in this article or have constructive input for improving it, please add a comment at the bottom of this page so that we can collectively make creating listings easier for everyone!