You Know How...
This is a simple one to craft and you can make variations of it for different audiences.
- "You know how..." detail a pain point your target market experiences.
- "Well what I do is..." tell them how you solve this pain.
- "In fact..." give them a real scenario of how you solved this pain for someone recently.
- You know how we do a lot of repetitive tasks in our business that could be automated?
- Well what I do is I help small business owners to reduce their admin time by fully or partially automating their highly repetitive tasks.
- In fact, recently for a client I setup an Enquiry form that automaically adds the details to a Google Sheet which tracks the status of each enquiry.
You don't need to stick to the exact wording. Just follow the order:
Pain Point --> Solution --> Real World Application.
- Let's say you're a small business owner with a lot of highly repetitive tasks.
- Well I look for opportunities to reduce your admin time by automating or streamlining those repetitive tasks.
- For example, recently I setup a simple Enquiry form for a client that automatically adds the details to a Google Sheet which then tracks the status of each enquiry.
The other person might then ask me a follow up question to further explain the benefits of that solution or ask me about other ways I help to reduce admin time. At this point I would ask probing questions to uncover the repetitive tasks and inefficiencies in their business and how I would streamline or automate them. Can you see how this conversation could turn them into a client?
- Rewrite it until your pitch is less than 30 seconds. The more concise the better.
- Practice the pitch until it becomes automatic and you don't have to think about the words coming out of your mouth.
- Now practice the pitch until you are so relaxed and smooth with its delivery that it sound as if you are just rolling it off the cuff and could give them upteen examples of the different ways you've helped your clients.
Got a simple and effective 30 second Elevator Pitch you would like to share?
Tell us about it in the comments below!